A personal quest to promote the use of wind energy and hydrogen technology in the Great Lakes area of the United States. The Great Lakes area is in a unique position to become an energy exporting region through these and other renewable energy technologies. *Update 2014: Just do it everywhere - Dan*
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
EIA lists top wind turbine manufacturers of 2015
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: "Wind Energy SmartBrief" <email@example.com> Date: Nov 29, 2016 12:10 PM Subject: EIA lists top wind turbine manufacturers of 2015 To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc:
EIA lists top wind turbine manufacturers of 2015 | Opinion: US cities can keep up momentum on clean energy | Conn. energy department advances 25 small wind, clean energy projects
GE accounted for 42% of the nation's total turbine installation last year, followed by Vestas Wind Systems at 34%, according to the Energy Information Administration. The report said turbines from the top three companies, which also includes Siemens, accounted for 76% of the 55 gigawatts of the US' total installed wind capacity at the end of 2015.
Cities across the US are responsible for carrying on the climate change fight under the leadership of President-elect Donald Trump, writes Joan Fitzgerald, a professor at Northeastern University. "Whether by transitioning to renewable energy, supporting smart grid development, pushing energy-efficient buildings, or supporting the infrastructure for electric vehicles, cities are already at the forefront of the fight," she writes.
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection has reviewed more than 100 proposals for small-scale clean energy projects in New England and chosen 25 to move forward with. The wind, solar and other clean energy projects are expected to add 402 megawatts of installed clean energy capacity to the grid.
The Truth about Cloud Security 72% of businesses are using the cloud. 56% said they are still figuring out exactly where they can use the cloud more. Why would so many businesses already trust these services with their own and their clients' most sensitive data? While security risks are real, the cloud is also more secure than you think. Read this eBook to learn more
The Electricity Supply Board of Ireland has ordered 14 N90/2500 turbines from Nordex for its 33.1-megawatt Castlepook project in County Cork, according to the utility. Nordex said that the deal also includes service agreements for a total of 27 turbines owned by ESB.
Suzlon Energy has won a contract from an undisclosed company to supply a 50.4-megawatt wind farm in Andhra Pradesh, India, with 24 2.1-MW S95 turbines. The project is expected to begin operations in March.
Solutions Brief: EU Privacy Shield Compliance Having customers or employees in the EU requires you to have an approved EU Data Transfer mechanism in place. Those who previously relied on Safe Harbor for compliance now officially have a replacement with the new Privacy Shield Framework. This Solutions Brief provides a summary of each of the EU Data Transfer mechanisms, benefits & tradeoffs, case studies and solution options. Read the Brief now to Learn More
RES has agreed to provide Blue Transmission Walney 1 with operations and maintenance services for the Walney 1 offshore wind farms' transmission assets for a five-year period, according to the companies. The 183.6-megawatt project is located off the coast of England.
President-elect Donald Trump may have a harder time rolling back President Barack Obama's climate policies than expected, according to this analysis. Observers say that Trump won't be able to eliminate the Environmental Protection Agency or easily change any rules that have been finalized and implemented.
Giving Tuesday -- a day to help wind power and veterans
Millions of people around the world will come together to kick off the charitable giving season on #GivingTuesday. This global day of giving is the perfect way to support the causes you care about, like renewable, clean energy and jobs for veterans. Your donation to Power of Wind on Tuesday, Nov. 29, will fund our advocacy and education efforts throughout the next year to grow wind power. Read more.
It is impossible for anyone to begin to learn that which he thinks he already knows.
These stories were selected and summarized by independent editors at SmartBrief Inc., not by AWEA's staff, and do not represent AWEA positions. They reflect the variety of daily coverage of American wind power.