Wednesday, January 21, 2004

A Splinter In My Ecosystem:

There was just a choice or two,
Nothing great and nothing grand,
I called down the lightning but it burned the sky,
I asked the Reaper and he said not a word,
There were dollar signs in his left eye,
Crushed kidneys in his right,
I looked for solace on the menue,
Instead they offered blight and ashes,
I wondered at the list of choices,
A feeble garden too parched,
The wind blew by hot and frightful,
Wasted like breath in the board rooms,
Eat sand my child and drink the black juice,
The guy with three horns was laughing,
But I saw that he was blind,
No better than worms crawling on the plate,
The crowd was weighted in cotton wrappings,
Wound tight around their eyes,
They followed the piper,
Though the wind blew in from the prairies,
The grasses and trees and eagles whispered,
And one by one they began to hear,
Putting shells to their lips,
They began to sing of green fields and cool waters,
The song blew over rivers like a siren,
Urging sanity to grow,
Despite the Devil holding the spoon,
Maybe the cauldron tarnish will yet fall off.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 01/21/2004

Author's Comments:
When the clean energy choices given to the consumer are as multiple as the foul, perhaps things will change. I feel it slowly coming on.

No comments: