Tuesday, August 10, 2004

[zamoraforcongress] Notes from Ruben.

Dear Friends and Supporters,

Tales from Boston

Two weeks ago at this time I was in Boston at the DNC with some of you. We had a great time and met a lot of people, both big names and ordinary people. Though being in the midst of celebrities, well-known politicians, and tenured social activists was inspiring, I really liked meeting the everyday people from all over the country. They are folks just like you and me who are trying to make our country a better place and reclaim it for the people.

I especially enjoyed the time spent with our Illinois friends, and we all appreciated the hospitality of our Bostonian hosts. We are glad to be back in Illinois, inspired to
do our best to replace this current administration and mend its damage.


Office-warming Fundraiser

Last week we began moving in to our new office at 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 8 in Aurora. To encourage you to visit our new office (which we are sharing with Aurora Township Democrats), we invite to you take a rest from the dog days of summer with a Chili Dinner Friday, August 13 at 6 p.m. Then stick around for Motown at Aurora’s Downtown Alive. Dinner will be $10
per person or $30 per family. Bring the whole family as Downtown Alive also features games and activities for the children.


Debating Denny

My opponent will be spending much of August away from Illinois, but when we met a couple weeks ago, he agreed to a debate at a date to be determined. We’ll keep you posted! Get your questions ready.


Activities around the 14th

Do you know of any activities happening in your community? I’m trying to reach out to the community, so please keep me informed. I’d love to come and talk to your women’s groups, unions, civic organizations, you name it. While you’re at it, please remember that I’m available for coffee chats or house parties.

Holding a coffee (mini-fundraiser) in your home or neighborhood is a great way for me to meet the people of Illinois and better understand your needs as I relate my vision for our state and nation. Remember, ours is a grassroots campaign, so I need your help.


Endorsements are beginning to Come Through

I was recently endorsed by the Congress for Peace and the Citizens’ Action Illinois. Endorsements help, but I’m really looking for your help in reaching the citizens in our district, from Rock Falls to Dixon, DeKalb to Aurora, Elgin to Wheaton, and all points in between. With only 80 days until the election, we have a lot of outreach to do, but with your help, I know we
can make a difference.


The Fun Begins—Volunteers are Needed

We need volunteers to help with phone coverage, database entry, and compiling canvassing lists. Just stop by or volunteer online at http://www.zamoraforcongress.org or call the headquarters at 630-896-4400. My answering machine number is 630-859-1030, or Mark Blackman at
312-505-0522.

Thanks to all of you who have already volunteered,

Ruben

=====
Ruben Zamora
Progressive Candidate (D)
14th Congressional District
U.S. House of Representatives
(630) 859-1030
http://www.zamoraforcongress.org
zamora4congress@sbcglobal.net

Snail mail:
PO Box 1003
Montgomery, IL 60538

No comments: