Monday, February 18, 2008

Idealbite.com

I read yesterday several articles on green start-up businesses and entrepreneurs, and one site that stuck in my mind. Ibealbite.com is run by two young gals who are also organic, sustainable clothing designers. It looks like, if I remember the article correctly, they are expecting to hit over $500k in sales this year.

One of the nicer sales strategies they use is to e-mail subscribers daily tips on green living, tailored to their region. It looks like they cover at least five of the largest metro areas with these daily tips. I signed up for the Chicago area tips last night.

*Note: you have to go and sign up, these gals are not spammers.

They also try to do all their business operations in sustainable ways, from packaging to billing to manufacturing. From what I read, they have a real ideal of staying sustainable as a way of life.

Now that I've given them honorable mention, I'll probably share some of their tips with all of you as they come in. Looking for some sustainability in your life? Go pay Ibealbite.com a visit!

Dan

No comments: